Our chapter has partnered with the South Florida ACFE Chapter to offer the below virtual CPE opportunity to our members at the same rate as South Florida members ($90 for 5 CPE credits).
See event flyer: November 4th Event Flyer.pdf.
To register, at the discounted rate, you must:
1. Go to https://southfloridaacfe.org/event-4380114 and click "Register"
2. Type your e-mail and click "Next"
3. Select "ACFE Local Chapter Members - $90.00" as the registration type
4. Complete the registration form and select "NY - Syracuse - Upstate NY Chapter #49" as your Chapter Affiliation. This will provide you the discounted rate.
5. Click "Next" and complete your payment.
ACFE Twin Cities & South Florida Chapters presents a Joint Fraud Conference
Date: November 4th, 2021
Time: 12pm – 5pm EST
Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
CPE Credits: Up to 5hrs
Program Level: Intermediate
Prerequisites: Basic Knowledge of fraud and investigation concepts
Advanced Preparation: None
Early Bird Pricing Tier 1 available to August 8th - $60 Members / $75 Non-Members
Early Bird Pricing Tier 2 available August 9th thru September 9th - $75 Members / $90 Non - Members
Regular Pricing - $90 Members / $105 Non-Members
Featured Speakers / Presentation Title / Learning Objectives:
Michael Bret Hood
Founder 21st Century Consulting, Former FBI Special Agent, ACFE 2020 James R. Baker Speaker of the Year
Presentation Title: Advanced Money Laundering
- Identify advanced money laundering techniques
- Evaluate the effectiveness of an existing anti-money laundering program
- Design advanced money laundering detection protocols matching the organizational risk appetite
Stephen Murphy & Javier Pena, Retired DEA Special Agents
Presentation Title:The True Story of Pablo Escobar
Learning Objectives:These celebrated special agents take audiences deep into the history books as they reveal inside stories from a good-versus-evil battle that seems too wild to be true. Along the way, they share the lessons they learned on effective leadership, teamwork and split-second decision making amid extreme circumstances. With a combination of tactful humor and rarely seen visuals, Steve and Javier complement anecdotes about their experiences in hostile and oftentimes life-threatening conditions with a memorable and entertaining look at the real-life cartel drama.
After this block of instruction, the participants will be able to:
- Identify investigation techniques and strategies.
- List examples of effective leadership skills.